Themed menu for the Party (Hidden Figures)

Themed menu items:


Menu:

Snacks: For something sweet to munch on, I have chosen 'book worms' (Gummy Worms) to represent the 'computers' dictated in Hidden Figures. I feel as if the 'computers' would have been considered book worms in their youth...

I have also chosen 'Meteorites' so as to represent a few obstacles like the many encountered to even get someone launched into space - basically the entire goal of the movie.



Drinks: For beverages to offer my party guests, I have decided on 'rocket fuel' (fruit punch) to both represent a space-themed drink and to show the way a mix of different fruits when working together can become something amazing (to taste), which is also one of the ideas of the movie Al is constantly trying to express.

Of course, I have to offer a second option of drink liquid hydrogen (water) which is as clear as it comes representing both a clear goal in mind and again a space-themed drink. 



Entre: For the main meal I have offered four options equally, this idea stems from the idea of each serving is made equally and yet still offers a chance for everyone to enjoy something they would like and that fits them rather than keeping anyone to only have one type of food.



Sides: For a side to any of the main dishes, my party menu offers 'Saturn rings' (opinion rings) more for fun than anything as it does represent a space theme of how far the people in the movie could reach... beyond the moon.

Now this is more an idea for a side, both healthy and again showing an idea in the movie: individuals together can complete a common goal... in this case... satisfying hunger.



Dessert: For dessert, I have decided to offer a delicacy... I believe the characters I have invited each hold their own layers... but I have also chosen this food as it represents a skin of every color: black, white, tan/darker white.

And then there is also the option for a moon pie, pun intended. The entire movie referenced making it all the way to the moon, not just getting a man into orbit, so I had to offer the original delicacy of Moon pie.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Party Guest List (Historical/Hidden Figures Version)

Confederacy Ideas Study

Paraphrase Practice